The One Casserole You Should Make This Thanksgiving
This is a family favorite at our house for Thanksgiving and by far my favorite dish for the holiday. If you haven't ever tried it - don't be put off by the unusual mixture, it's delicious. I love this recipe because it's pretty easy, and can be made the day before and refrigerated until it's ready to be popped in the oven on Thanksgiving.
What You'll Need:
1 can pineapple chunks, reserve the juice
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup and 1 tbsp of flour
4 tbsp pineapple juice
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2/3 cups (10 tbsps) melted butter
20 Ritz crackers, crushed
11 x 7 casserole dish
Steps: If you are cooking on Thanksgiving day, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix the first six ingredients in a bowl until all flour and sugar have been mixed in.
2. Next, heat 10 tbsps (or 2/3 cups) of butter in a microwave safe dish and heat for ~ around 50 seconds. Add the melted butter to the mixture and stir.
3. Lightly butter your casserole dish and pour the mixture in making sure the pineapple chunks and tidbits are spread evenly.
4. Crush the Ritz crackers and spread them evenly over the top of the mixture as well.
5. Cook for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once cooked, let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool off and serve.